I look over the precipice at iniquity and witness the continuous downward spiral of humankind. With so much going on, one wonders why we should even exist. With morality’s degradation ever abundant what hope can one have? We live in a society today that has lost what it means to be a community. Often times we look around for what is best for me, trying to elevate our own status forsaking the greater good. There is something innately wrong with the all about me syndrome. I can remember a time when the community took care of their children, a time when your neighbor was a surrogate parent.
Today what we find is everyone is for himself or herself, I got to get mine and the heck with everyone else. We are truly becoming a society of only the strong can survive. If we are truly that, a society where only the strong survives, then what happens to the weak? Are they simply castigated, or eliminated? How does man fulfill its destiny if there is no one to help, no one to show compassion, no ones spirit to lift? Where does this feeling of superiority lead us? I would argue it leads to citizens being sold to foreigners, people being tattooed with numbers, others being marshaled to gas chambers, the best of what we have to offer being crucified.
How can man justify its cruelty, justify its lack of reverence for life? Let’s just put humankind on time out. Go to your corner and stand their for ten minutes and don’t you come out until you can follow the rules! That works for our children does it not. 1 2 …. What did I tell you to do? 3. Great results. I only had to scream at you a hundred times between 2 and 3. So how do we impair morality’s decline? Let us start first with, “God is grace, God is good, let us thank you for our food. Amen”. Then we can move to, “now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take. God Bless mommy, daddy,”… Prayer is the only way we can get society in order. “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord” Psalm’s 37:23.
The only true way to become an Ordered Society is to become the men and women God has ordained us to be. Will you come?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment