10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Happy New Year! Every New Year is brought in at Midnight the morning of January 1st. With every New Year, one hope and dreams of a new start, new resolutions, new diets, and new love interest, just something new. What is telling is that this is all done after midnight. I was always told that nothing good happens after midnight. A married person should not be out past midnight without their spouse. Do not be out past midnight. These are all sayings I have heard in my lifetime.
All too often, the worst things happen after midnight. What is it about our predatory nature that we do things the least desirable to society at night? Why do you think it is so easy for people to do the bad things they do in the wee ours of the night. I would say it is because darkness and light cannot coexist. Would you do some of the things you have done if it had been a little lighter outside? Can you tell me what the solution is to the woes we suffer in the late night? I believe the cure rest within the home. How many people do you know right now come from a fatherless home. Now let me say that not having a father around does not excuse the actions of those who wish to do harm, however I offer it as insight to what may be an underlying reason for the behavior of so many. Papa was a rolling stone, wherever he laid his hat was his home, but was he shy, because when papa started rolling I bet you it was after midnight. Some might say any man will do, just having one in the house makes a difference. What if that man is in the stairwell hitting the crack pipe, I would argue he took that first hit after midnight.
As the bell tolls, no one knows what draws out the worst in people. Perhaps if they would, or quite possibly could place their hands in a steeple. The world would, be as it should, where people could live their lives free. However, as it be, we cannot see a life after dark. However, in contrast however stark, the light must come from within. I am the way, the truth and the light, no man may cometh to the father but by me. (John 14, 6) Now do you see that it is he, who cures what ails all and makes it right? Perhaps with more faith, it would be safe to enjoy life after midnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment