I bear witness. I stimulate the mind. I am often used while shielded. My interpretation of events depend upon what state I am in. Whether I have the clarity of a perfect diamond, or the fog of inebriation my perception can vary. I am the beholder of beauty; my perception of you is all that matters. At times people line up in front of me and I select you based on my view. Sometimes that view is not correct. People have suffered needlessly because the investigation did not reveal what state I was in. People have fallen in love based on my approval; people have stalked because of my point of view. I have so much control over humankind that I am at the same time, God’s greatest gift and His greatest curse. I can take your state of being to new plateaus for what I envision, or I can send you reeling from disgust. I am the master of you.
For those who do not have the benefit of my reasoning, life can be difficult. Not being able to discern light and dark. Not being able to discern the yellow of the sun, the red breast of a Robin, the blues and grays of the sky, the colors of the rainbow, the pain on a friend’s face, the smile of a loved one that could brighten your day. Discern whether you can cross the street at the change of a light; know what the drive down Pacific Coast Highway is like.
I often realize how sensational things are in life. Being able to look at someone and tell if they are lying, whether they are sad, whether they are happy, uncomfortable, scared, or even have a blank stare. Those are the sensations in life we take for granted. Whether I am blue, gray, green, hazel, or brown I am still the master of you. I am Eyes.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment