Thursday, June 4, 2020

College by Kaeden Sims


I tickle the mind and inspire generation after generation.  I spend hours and hours bending thought to my will.  Never in your life have you had your own thoughts since you left me.  Everything you have ever imagined or thought of has come from me.  I have poured my soul into you and you have become the fruits of my labor.  Fruit that has produce more fruit.  From you every generation after you have been promised to me.  As you were the first from your father’s seed to join my ranks, you have vowed your bloodline hence forth to me.  I owned you and now you own me.  You own the ideas formed, the training learned, the work ethic discovered, and the process of thinking.  You are the one people of you inspire to be like.

What does it mean to be the spark of generations to come the first of your kind, the one who showed them the way?  Your mother showed you the way as she was the first of her kind.  Now, you will be the first from your father’s line.  Time will tell if you are successful or not, whether or not your example proved true.  All I can do is to continue to bend your thoughts to my will.  Whether you are cut from the leaves of Ivy, or the ward of a state institution, you will forever shepherd the sheep skin.  Forever marshal the lessons learned.  Forever be the beacon of light for everyone to see.  As I continue to say, I will always bend your thoughts to my will.

To become that beacon, you must travel from domain to domain, personality to personality and absorb all that is presented.  You will have to successfully navigate the trials at 90% to 100% rate to not be prosecuted.  To be found not guilty of ignorance by the judges who sum you up and grade you.  For I have done my best.  Your thoughts now straightened by the four years of travelling from domain to domain and from personality to personality, bending to my will, I may now adorn you.  I now present you with this cap and gown, present you with this sheep’s skin.  Whether it is from the leaves of Ivy or from the ward of the state institutions, I welcome you.  The college graduate.

I am College.

No comments:

Post a Comment