Friday, August 28, 2009

Pencil

For generations I stood tall providing life to the earth. Whether I stood alone or in the company of many I did what was required of me. For God gave me several missions in life, I provided air to breathe, shade for the worker, shelter to God’s creatures, the American Dream if your credit was good enough. For centuries I stood my post and did not complain. At times I was greeted by sparrows, hawks, eagles, panthers, and strange life forms called mankind. Though mankind was birth at my feet I never dreamed I would give birth to so much.

Standing tall through eternity, I was struck down by mankind dismayed at first, for I knew not what was in store for me. Agony befell me as the metal teeth ripped through me, my brown tears falsely named sap poured down my body. God for what did I do to not enjoy recompense for standing tall, shading your prized creation, housing that which you loved, covering that which created in six days. Falling for what seemed like eternity I hit the ground and was stripped of my covering. Once pinched I traveled down stream to meet my end, my life no longer meaningful. Traveling with my eyes looking toward heaven I hear a horrible grinding sound, a sawing sound. I scream out as my body is being grinded away. Oh the pain, Lord why have thou forsaken me, I stood tall for generations shading your prized creation, housing that which you loved, covering that which you created in six days now it comes to this. I feel the blackness overcome me, maybe if I just sleep.

I open my eyes once again and see this funny clear substance before me what the… Lord I am grateful for your mercy for you have given me my reprieve. Where is the sky I stood tall in for generations? What are the things with the no.2 written on them and why do they surround me? How long have I been sleep? My god, how has man grown, even the young are bigger than I. What is this red thing on my head, why has my trunk been made into a black point? Where did this metal crown come from, Lord what has thou seen fit to provide me this day?

For generations I stood tall providing life to the earth. Whether I stood alone or in the company of many I did what was required of me. For God gave me several missions in life, I provided air to breathe, shade for the worker, shelter to God’s creatures, the American Dream if your credit was good enough. For centuries I stood my post and did not complain. At times I was greeted by sparrows, hawks, eagles, panthers, and strange life forms called mankind. Though mankind was birth at my feet I never dreamed I would give birth to so much. What now is required of me? I am now one billionth my former self?

How man has grown, now you cover me, direct my path. What is this strange motion you have me do? Ahhh, I remember when God first shared his word with me, you are writing. Thank you Lord, I see how thou has blessed me. I save lives now; brothers now use me to express their anger and not guns. Countries use me to make peace concrete. God used me so you may partake in his word. Mankind used me to share their hearts and minds, express them selves in word. Utilized me to educate their young. Thank you God, I am The Pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment