Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Spark(s) of Life

Brother beloved, yet unloved. Disliked but accepted, after all he is married to my sister. One of the most gifted brothers I have come across but talent wasted, his mouth gets in his way. His ego bruised is damaging to the love of my sister. Upon reflection, what is it exactly that makes me dislike this brother? Perhaps I see the younger me. The me of nearly twenty years ago, my brother is behind the times of maturation but he will be fine. Life giver, love stealer, his gift is evident to all but himself. Focused energy on the negative aspects of love, loyalty and family keeps his household in disarray, but what can I say, he is the younger me. Lies and innuendo are his power; love of self is his kryptonite. Yet my sister loves his dirty draws. Perhaps that love is warranted, but from her big brother’s eyes it is not merited. But what can I say, he is the younger me.

Hmmm, oh I see, that it can be that gift is useful to all that be because he will no longer be the younger me. Perhaps my sisters love will pull him through, man him up, make him better, man can that be, no longer the younger me. The Spark(s) of life has given my sister joy at times, but pain has always followed, guess what it is a new year. Focused energy on the negative aspects of love, loyalty and family forever changed. Builder of hopes and dreams he shall become. That gift now realized and placed into action makes him endure the burdens of being the man while also being the comforter and blanket of security. Dirty draws now clean still very much loved by my sister.

Brother beloved, now loved and very much respected, more than accepted, after all he is married to my sister, why would it be any other way? On this day, I say, much love little brother, glad you came our way. Keep the Q smiling is all I will say.

God bless this day, no longer the younger me I pray!

2 comments: