Friday, September 18, 2009

Death

The paradox of being the most feared and the most sought after is I can be a gift to some and a curse to others. I spend my days and nights picking who will bend to my will, as I am nearly unstoppable. Nothing made can prevent my purpose for I am the ultimate machine. Once my gears begin to turn, the rattle is inevitable. Clarity comes as your minds eye sharpens; you have never seen this clearly before. One begins to understand that things could have been done differently. My story is endless, no one knows where I begin or end just that I exist. I am a living legend, if you will.

I have experienced the world, been to the most exotic places and I feast like a king. My time on earth has been very rewarding; I have had the pleasure of meeting millions. Whether in the south of France or in hills of the Himalaya’s I collect what is due to me. I am always on call, as I never sleep. Sleep can never claim me for I do not need to rest. I travel the globe granting the request of those who call for me. Some of them are not patient enough to wait and take matters into their own hands for they are weak. I walk the halls of crisp and cool buildings where machines alarm the watchers. If those who watch pay close attention I can sometimes be delayed, but as they are indifferent to those in their purview I pull off my crime.

Sometimes whether I win now or later depend upon that $9.00 per hour watcher who just lost her boyfriend to her best friend and can’t focus on the pitch in the background. The pitch that screeches until it goes flat. How about the Mack who pulled the Shorty in the other hallway while the line straightens out realizing that I was moments away but could have been delayed, had he not been worried about his seed being spilled into the abyss. I am sure he wishes I had passed by this night, but the curse has attacked him and he arrives just as the rattles stops. God bless his soul, as the night unfolds he now wishes I would come his way. It is at times like this I am a gift. But I choose to be a curse and let him live with himself.  I am Death and I pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment