Friday, September 4, 2009

Pennies

Many times homeless, cold, overheated and ignored in various places I reside...


Lying on the streets, in ash trays, jars, baskets and between cusions I hide...


Defaced and reduced in size to cheat vending machines...


Filed, glued, soldered for designing jewelery and rings...


Imprisioned in strait jacket wrappers, captured in banks and coffee cans...


My worth only in numbers when I'm moved from hundreds to grands...


Walked over and being picked up depends...


On the lying position I'm in...


If found on the streets with my back side showing...


Face up, many times I'm taken on a journey, my face is glowing...


Because acts of superstitions can leave me to the treasure seekers wand...


It is then that my fragrance is not of paper but metals of copper and bronze...


When my posse of the homeless, hidden, imprisioned, ignored and ash tray kins...


Are gathered to purchase prosthetic devices and such through pledges for the Charitable event for Jerry Lewis' kids and friends...


Though I am small to Wall Street in a dollar amount...


My total contribution when collected abundantly enriches an account...


A pennies journey is ultimately to be wrapped in dollar bundles and from and old school thought to remind...


Use of the old cliche, and the thought "A penny for your thoughts" today could mean, I could buy some people's mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment